5 Days or 10 Nights
Online Live/On-Demand Live
About A+ Training
CompTIA A+ certified professionals are proven problem solvers. They support today’s core technologies from security to networking to virtualization and more. CompTIA A+ is the industry standard for launching IT careers into today’s digital world.
CompTIA A+ is the only industry recognized credential with performance testing to prove pros can think on their feet to perform critical IT support tasks. It is trusted by employers around the world to identify the go-to person in end point management & technical support roles. CompTIA A+ appears in more tech support job listings than any other IT credential.
The CompTIA A+ Core Series requires candidates to pass two exams: Core 1 (220-1101) and Core 2 (220-1102) covering the following new content, emphasizing the technologies and skills IT pros need to support a hybrid workforce.
- Mobile Devices
- Operating Systems
- Virtualization & Cloud Computing
- Software Troubleshooting
- Operational Procedures
- 24-Year Veteran Instructor with Over 50,000 Students Trained and the Best Pass Rates in the Industry
- “Pass on the First Attempt!” Guarantee
- Online Live Instructor-Led Training
- 1 Year Access to Training Session Recordings
- Enhanced Official CompTIA Courseware
- Official Virtual Lab Environment
- Fast-Track Exam Preparation
- Exam Vouchers
- After Class Support and Mentoring
- Help Desk Tech
- Field Service Technician
- Associate Network Engineer
- Junior Systems Administrator
- Desktop Support Specialist
- Help Desk Technician
- System Support Technician
The CompTIA A+ certification is designed around a comprehensive set of exam objectives that outline the specific skills and knowledge areas to be tested. These objectives are divided into two exams, typically referred to as Core 1 (220-1001) and Core 2 (220-1002). Here’s an overview of the objectives for each:
Core 1 (220-1001) Exam Objectives:
- Mobile Devices: Installation and configuration of laptops and other mobile devices.
- Networking: Understanding various types of networks and connections, including TCP/IP, WIFI, and SOHO.
- Hardware: Identifying, using, and connecting hardware components and devices.
- Virtualization and Cloud Computing: Understanding the concepts of virtualization and cloud computing.
- Hardware and Network Troubleshooting: Troubleshooting hardware and network issues.
Core 2 (220-1002) Exam Objectives:
- Operating Systems: Installation and configuration of Windows, macOS, Linux, Chrome OS, Android, and iOS.
- Security: Identifying and protecting against security vulnerabilities for devices and their network connections.
- Software Troubleshooting: Troubleshooting PC and mobile device software.
- Operational Procedures: Best practices for safety, environmental impacts, and communication and professionalism in the workplace.
- Exam Format: Multiple choice and performance-based questions.
- Duration: Each exam is 90 minutes long.
- Passing Score: 675 for Core 1 and 700 for Core 2 (on a scale of 100-900).
These objectives are periodically updated by CompTIA to ensure relevance with the evolving IT landscape. It’s advisable to refer to the latest version of the exam objectives from the official CompTIA website for the most current information.
Eric Reed is a highly experienced IT professional with over 35 years in the industry. He is an expert in delivering networking and cybersecurity courses and has over 24 years of certification training experience. He is particularly renowned for his success in preparing students for certification exams, with pass rates of 100% consistently.
Eric has worked with numerous high-profile clients from various industries, including aerospace and defense companies like Boeing, General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, and Northrop Grumman, as well as technology companies like Verizon, T-Mobile, and AT&T. He has also worked with healthcare organizations like the Mayo Clinic, Blue Cross Blue Shield, United Health Group, and financial institutions like US Bank and Wells Fargo.
Eric’s expertise lies in DOD Directive 8140/8750 compliance training, and he has extensive experience working with the US Department of Defense and all branches of the US military. He is a regular instructor for EC-Council’s iClass live online training and is the instructor on the official EC-Council iLearn self-study training videos for various certifications like CEH, CHFI, ECSA, CND, CCT, and ECIH.
Eric has won several awards for his teaching excellence, including 9 EC-Council Instructor of the Year and 7 Circle of Excellence awards. He has trained more than 50,000 students over the last quarter century
Eric’s unique teaching style and highly effective training methods have made him a favorite among his students, as well as their managers and commanding officers. His track record speaks for itself, with candidates almost invariably passing their exams on the first attempt.
Take your career to the next level with our instructor led, live online and onsite training!
Exam Preparation and Training
Our training programs utilize concise, specially designed slides to facilitate a deeper understanding of complex security concepts. These slides are created by our expert developers and are aimed at providing an optimal learning experience. The course, led by Eric Reed – a Master Certified CompTIA Instructor and 9-time recipient of EC- Council’s Instructor of the Year award, spans a 5-day (or 10-evening) period and is designed to be highly interactive, featuring practical exercises to ensure that students acquire the necessary skills to succeed in the industry.
What our Students say
“Eric is a very energetic instructor. Four full days of any training can get rather dry but Eric kept enough momentum in the class so the points he was trying to get across made sense. His use of real-life examples and explanations of highly technical concepts really helped drive home subjects that are most important for an investigator to understand and retain.”
“Eric was extremely engaging during the class, even offering to talk with you and further engaging you after the class hours to ensure that the material was being absorbed. In April, I was stressing out about the upcoming exam. Due to his expertise, I was able to pass the test with an 81%, great instructor and one I would definitely take again.”
Why Train With Eric Reed Cybersecurity Training?
“Pass on the First Attempt!” – Our top priority is to equip our students with both the certification and practical knowledge necessary to excel in their field. Through our optimized delivery format, which includes live instruction, hands-on labs, and rigorous exam preparation, we are able to produce unparalleled success rates. Our methodology has been proven to prepare students for real-world scenarios, ensuring that they are able to apply their skills with confidence.
Looking For A+ Training?
Eric Reed Cybersecurity Training provides the definitive all-inclusive, accelerated boot camp training experience. Students engage in a fully immersive training solution providing maximum knowledge transfer and retention in an accelerated time frame. We ensure our students not only achieve their objective of becoming certified, but leave with the knowledge of how to apply those skills in a real world setting. Our accelerated delivery format provides students with a combination of detailed lecture, hands-on labs, and laser-focused exam preparation. Our methodology produces the most successful results in the industry, bar none!